Individual Member Benefits
- For individual translators, interpreters, and others engaged in related services.
- Dues: $60.00 per year
NCATA membership enhances your visibility and recognition as a language professional and offers a wide range of valuable benefits:
Connect with Clients
- Obtain a listing in the NCATA Directory of Translation and Interpreting Professionals—a searchable public resource where potential buyers of language services can find you based on your individual skills and qualifications.
- Receive announcements by e-mail regarding job opportunities.
Connect with Colleagues
- Attend monthly meet-up events with guest speakers, which always include a little networking time. Events are centrally located and Metro-accessible.
- Attend special events organized periodically, which have included regional professional development conferences, day trips to international institutions, and linguist recruiting events.
- Participate in the online members-only Discussion Forum, available with your username and password in the Members section of the NCATA website.
Improve Your Skills, Improve Your Business
- Attend NCATA professional development sessions. Topics range from managing your business operations to tools to improve your translating and interpreting skills. Many are eligible for ATA continuing education points.
- Receive announcements via e-mail of additional professional development opportunities in the area and online.
- Gain access to the NCATA logo for use in your own communications and marketing materials—business cards, websites, etc.
- Earn ATA continuing education points through presentations at NCATA meetings and contributions to forum and social media.
- Access the list of internet resources for translators and interpreters available only to members on the NCATA website.
- Receive news and information of interest to translators and interpreters in the Washington, DC area via mailings and social media.
- Be notified of unique opportunities to earn ATA CE points, such as school outreach and mentoring.
Support Your Professional Community
- Join an NCATA committee: help maintain a vibrant professional community, build new relationships, and have fun!
- Share your knowledge and establish yourself as an expert by presenting at an NCATA meeting.
- Contribute articles and features for publication in the NCATA forum and social media.